CD Baby Pro ensures you collect all your global songwriting and music royalties
CD Baby has launched CD Baby Pro, a new service for independent music artists that helps collect the songwriting and music royalties you’ve earned worldwide. Even if you’ve registered your works with a PRO (performance rights organization), it’s virtually impossible to collect all the publishing royalties owed to you every time one of your songs is purchased, streamed, or played in a public setting (including radio, TV, Internet, venues, and more). CD Baby Pro solves this problem and makes it easy for you to get paid what you’ve earned.
With CD Baby Pro:
- You get affiliated as a songwriter with ASCAP or BMI. (Already affiliated? Not a problem! CD Baby Pro registers your songs worldwide – something the PROs won’t do – so you’ll be sure to collect maximum performance royalties. Plus, your mechanical royalties for international downloads and worldwide plays on streaming sites like Spotify and Rdio are collected for you as well.)
- Your original songs are registered with ASCAP or BMI, as well as collection agencies from around the world.
- Your global publishing royalties are collected on your behalf.
“Whenever music is used in TV, radio, the Internet, live performances, video games, or film,” says CD Baby president Brian Felsen, “music royalties are owed to the songwriter. Signing up for a performing rights organization like ASCAP or BMI is not enough. Hundreds of organizations around the world collect music royalties for songwriters. The challenge is actually claiming your money. You can’t knock on all those doors yourself. That’s why we created CD Baby Pro; we’re doing all the door-knocking for you.
“Any time you sell a download overseas, you’re owed mechanical royalties that can only be collected from the local performance rights organization. Any time your music is played on a streaming site like Spotify, you’re owed publishing royalties in addition to the normal streaming fee you’re paid by the retailer. Any time your music is placed in a TV show, you’re owed performance royalties beyond the fee you’ve already been paid for the sync license. With CD Baby Pro, we’ll make sure you get paid every time.”
CD Baby has partnered with digital publishing service SongTrust to interface with performance rights organizations and collect music royalties on your behalf. CD Baby Pro is designed to give you the same royalty collection resources that major label artists have benefited from for years, plus the benefit of worldwide music distribution.
CD Baby Pro’s 4 primary services include:
- Worldwide music distribution (iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and more).
- Songwriter affiliation/registration with ASCAP or BMI.
- Song registration with ASCAP or BMI, as well as collection agencies from around the world.
- Global Royalty Collection on the artist’s behalf.
CD Baby Pro is available for all US-based artists. It costs just $99 per album and $39 per single. For existing CD Baby artists, CD Baby Pro is now available as an add-on: the upgrade to CD Baby Pro takes only minutes to complete and costs $59 per album or $39 per single.
For more information, visit members.cdbaby.com/Pro.
Making Money With Music Licensing – Part I: Copyrights and Revenue
Copyright Basics: Exclusive rights, licensing lingo, and more
The Companies That Make Up The Music Biz
5 thoughts on “CD Baby Pro: Get Every Penny You’ve Earned In Music Royalties”
what if you already signed with ascap or bmi can I still use your services or does that void me from using cbpro
We have released an album through another distribution company. it’s non- exclusive so legally we agree ok to use cd baby, but we are already on iTunes and Google play. Will that be a conflict if we invest in CDbaby pro?
We are in Australia, can we be covered over here, We are signed with our Australia Performing Rights Association .We also have an Album on ITunes…Called Patchwork 1…. …Should we sign up with CDBaby Pro
Sounds like a winner, something Real Beef Music group would like to add on to there order.